If you think a fence is simply a barrier between two homes that provides a little bit of privacy and a small level of security, think again. They can offer a lot more. Some homeowners are turning them into a literal decorative medium that brings a whole new artistic experience to the entire yard.
1. Turn Your Fence into A Canvas – Turn little Tina’s scribblings into certified street art with this clever DIY project.
2. Marble-ize Your Fence – When light comes through one side, beautiful spectrums of colors will come out the other.
3. Hang Old Kitchenware to Your Fence – We like to call this the “Clampitt Motif.”
4. Do The Same with Vintage China – Yes, because grandma snuck those through the war as her most prized possession for you to hang them on a fence.
5. Use Planters and Frames – No, that’s not the name of a new store soccer moms will flock to. It’s an interesting way to highlight your hanging plants on the fence.
6. Hang Mirrors Up – Don’t worry, it won’t be creepy in the middle of the night when you’re letting the dog out.
7. Or Hang a Window On It – And hope birds won’t fly into your fence.
8. Paint a Fun Mural – Just make sure it’s tasteful.
9. Tin Planters Are In! – Saving your soup cans for recycling? Don’t! Do this instead.
10. Lamp Oil Mason Jar Lights – A classy way to create ambiance.
11. Put up Hanging Planters – This is also a great idea for herb gardening if you have limited yard space.
12. Don’t Shutter At This Fence Idea – Cool concept but these will ALWAYS blow away in storms.
13. Surf Up Your Fence – Great idea if you live near the beach.
There’s a lot more creative fence ideas here in this video, too.