Having an appropriate home entryway can create quite the impression for yourself and your guests. Be it the material, the paint used, or the sculpting of the surroundings, your doorway can make an unforgettable first impression. Here are a few examples of some rather extreme and beautiful entrances found around the world.
1. Found at 6 Rue du Lac, Brussels, this door blends in with an elegant, circular stain glass section above.
2. Only a short distance from the Eiffel Tower, this highly ornate and beautiful door is located at the 7th arrondissement of Paris at 29 Avenue.
3. This door can be found in Bologna, Italy. It is known as Dozza.
It was painted by Francesca Birini. What an amazing way to blend masculine and feminine principles into a single work of simplistic art.
4. Matharoo Associates created this door made of 40 Burma teak sections to wonder us with it’s grace and elegance.
Each section incorporates a wire rope, 160 pulleys and 80 ball bearings. It may seem like overkill, until you experience the perfect fluidity of form and function that it offers.
5. This curvy entrance is found in Beijing, China. Perhaps the Kool-Aid man has a vacation home there?
6. This lovely door is located in Bali, Indonesia. It’s one of those you may never pass, because you can’t stop looking at the intricacy of the design.
7. This door found in Kiev, Ukraine, at the Lavra Monastery, is a testament to the promotion of their prestigious image.