members: Share a personalized version of this article from the
Some rooms just beg to be divided up. Perhaps it’s a need for privacy, better space management, or a simple decorative purpose. When you can’t install a new wall, a well placed room divider might solve the problem, and in a way that fits your decor. Here are some excellent ideas and ways to use room dividers.
1. Stand alone divider walls are easy to build and add an extra layer of style to your room.
2. Take IKEA’s Billy bookcases to a whole new level.
VIDEO 3. Who says a wall is the only kind? Staggered bookcases can be repurposed as dividers as well.
4. Wooden pallets can be very versatile as room dividers. For more amazing ways to upcycle wooden pallets,
check this article out. 5. Even thick ropes can become stylish room dividers.
6. It’s even easier with dowel rods.
7. You may not want to be raised in a barn. A house with barn door dividers on the other hand… Here’s
a great DIY for building barn doors. 8. Hanging a curtain on a rolling rack creates a mobile room divider.
Build yourself a secret doorway in a bookcase to hide the other parts of the space. To see more amazing secret doorway ideas, check here. 10. Floor-to-ceiling poles are a great way to set up adjustable shelving mid room. Add a desk to up the anne.
11. The Pax Closet System from IKEA can create closets big enough for storing away guests for the night.
12. Or just create two rooms from one.
13. Chicken wire is good for more than caging up your feathered alarm clocks. With a little creativity, you can use it to set apart spaces in a room without completely blocking the view.
See how here. 14. Why throw out old doors? They are made for separating rooms! A little paint and some hinges and you have some creative and very sturdy divider options.
Here’s the DIY.
RELATED: 25 Clever Space-Saving Products You Didn’t Know Your Home Needed
15. Garlands may not be the most solid dividers nor do they provide much privacy, but the visual might really work well in the right space. Check out
Curbly and A Beautiful Mess for the tutorials. 16.
This DIY shows you how to recycle vintage LPs into a crafty room divider. 17. Why not create your own dividers out of wooden frames and carefully selected fabric?
It’s easier than you think. Here’s another great tutorial. 18. Picture wire and cafe clips make for some easy hanging division work.
Here’s how. If curtains bore you, there are ways to get fancier. 19. Room dividers can be easily spiced up with some chalkboard paint.
20. With a little careful planning, you can create special plant holding bases for bamboo, tree branches, or even actual plants to divide a room.
21. You can simply use some
ceiling mounted curtain rods and hang some chic tapestries. 22. Ceiling hooks make for great ways to hang simple screens or panels.
Check the DIY here. 23. If you need a unique way to divide your kitchen spaces, try out some low hanging pots and pans.
here’s a DIY for creating room dividers from 4 Ikvar side units with piano hinges and a little time and effort.