There are tons of ways and places to market yourself as a real estate agent, but email marketing has to be one of the best
10 Things Real Estate Agents Do When No One is Looking
Real estate is a public profession, so most people have some understanding of what agents do on a day to day basis. Client meetings, market research, listing homes, making offers, and helping people navigate the biggest transaction of their lives are all things real estate agents do in front of the public.
But there’s another side to life in real estate—the side most people don’t see. After the showings and the photoshoots, real estate agents get to be alone, and it’s during this alone time that they get to do all the things they need to without anyone watching. Here are ten things real estate agents do when no one is looking:
1. Sneak in a weekend activity on a weekday (when possible)
The beach, the deck, or maybe even a late afternoon cocktail.
2. Search for their own dream home (for once)
It’s okay to be a little selfish sometimes, right?
3. Try to come up with creative new slogans for their real estate signs
“If you list with Jane, your life will never be the same.” How does that sound?
4. Snoop around on their competitors’ websites and social media profiles
It’s okay, everyone does it.
5. Ice their wrist after filling out hundreds of handwritten notes
Staying in touch can be painful.
6. Look for bulk discounts on coffee (and wine)
If you order 1,000 pounds, you can save hundreds…
7. Attempt to meditate but immediately get interrupted by phone calls
Namaste… namaste… nevermind!
8. Go through the car wash very, very often
Can’t show up to listing appointments looking like you just went mudding.
9. Try to remember what life was like before they went into real estate…
A nine-to-five? What the heck is that!?
10. …but know they’d never go back!
Because no matter how much more time and work it is, it’s way more rewarding.