When you hand someone your business card, you’re giving them a small, but important introduction to who you are. Much like resumes and cover letters,
16 Annoying Things People Say On “House Hunters”
1. “Honey, can’t you imagine us sitting out here in the morning sipping our coffee and reading the newspaper?”
Said by: Couples who haven’t even purchased a newspaper since 2003.
2. “I don’t want a split level because I don’t want to have to decide whether to go up or down when I get home.”
Said by: People who will likely have difficulty pulling the trigger on any home.
3. “Eww, look at that toilet seat cover. I think I’m gonna have to pass on this one.”
Said by: People who lack the cognitive ability to figure out this “problem” is fixable by plunking down a whopping $7 at Wally World.
4. “This furniture is really outdated.”
Said by: People who apparently don’t realize the owners will be taking that with them when they leave.
OblioZen via flickr
5. “It absolutely has to be turn-key.”
Said by: Couples who lack all sense of reality.
6. “Having to do laundry in the basement is just too creepy for me.”
Said by: People who probably check underneath their bed every night for the boogey man.
7. “My commute really needs to be under 15 minutes, tops.”
Said by: People who work downtown but are in denial about not having a downtown budget.
Gohsuke Takama via flickr
8. “I need old world charm with new age modern conveniences.”
Said by: People who don’t realize that early 20th century homes didn’t have walk-in closets. Or whirlpool tubs.
9. “Oh, these countertops aren’t granite.”
Said by: People who are probably obsessed with stainless steel appliances.
Jason Carlin via flickr
10. “I was really hoping for a glass-tiled shower with a separate soaking tub.”
Said by: People who take like one bath a year.
11. “We can’t buy a home with a pink room. Our child is a boy.”
Said by: Couples who have literally never even seen a paint brush up close.
Ivan Berkovica via wikimedia commons
12. “We’d really like an open concept floor plan.”
Said by: People who parrot other people who try to sound cool by spouting off trendy buzzwords.
Kathleen Seide via flickr
13. “That spot over there is a real turn off.”
Said by: People who will probably ask for a $5,000 carpet allowance.
Renato Ganoza via flickr
14. “We really need an oceanfront house with a prime view.”
Said by: Deluded beach bums with a $200,000 budget.
15. “The stove needs to be gas, not electric.”
Said by: People who most likely can barely boil water.
Bluekdesign via flickr
16. “We have to be in the nicest part of the city. A helipad would be a huge plus. We need 7 bedrooms, an IMAX theater, a fully staffed Starbucks and probably a moat.”
Said by: Deluded 26-year-olds graduating from their parents’ basement who want a P. Diddy home on a Vanilla Ice budget.
Joel via flickr